Performance testing of ignore changes?

John Whitley whitley at bangpath.org
Tue Jan 5 19:37:02 GMT 2010

Martin Pool <mbp <at> canonical.com> writes:
> 2.0.3.

Thanks, Martin.  I've confirmed that 2.0.3 inteprets ignore exclusions as
literal '!foo' regexps.  The relevant code has changed very little between 2.0.3
and bzr.dev; only a regex construction optimization introduced in
globbing.py:normalize_pattern().

The '!!' implementation took just a few minutes, and works like a charm.  The
change and some basic tests have been pushed to
lp:~whitley/bzr/ignore-exclusions.  For now, I'm taking some time to use the new
implementation and think more about the design and JAM's comments.

-- John