Why does "view" not allow wildcards?

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 4 07:40:40 GMT 2010

Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org> writes:

> > From: Ben Finney <ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au>
> > You can use the existing tools to gather those filenames for you::
> >
> >     $ bzr view --name changelogs $(find . -name 'ChangeLog*')
>
> Where are these facilities documented, please?

I may not have been explicit enough. I was referring not to Bazaar
tools, but to “existing tools” of the operating system — i.e. the tools
provided by any POSIX operating system good for software development.

The features of the Bash shell (allowing command expansion) are
available in the ‘bash(1)’ manual page. The features of GNU find are
documented in the ‘find(1)’ manual page.

If you are on the MS Windows operating system, you can install a
suitable POSIX environment with Cygwin <URL:http://cygwin.org/>, which
also comes with the manual pages.

--
 \       “For fast acting relief, try slowing down.” —Jane Wagner, via |
  `\                                                       Lily Tomlin |