No subject

Fri Dec 18 02:33:18 GMT 2009

simple methods like rsync, or just taring up the entire directory. I'm
assuming the same could be done with installed plugins and hooks. Is this
correct?

Thanks,
Eric

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
Blog: http://www.townsfolkdesigns.com/blogs/elberry

--000e0cd11644237cfb0482a33f26

, John Szakmeister <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:john at szakmeister=
ail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(2=
04, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
One thing I found interesting was the migration story. =A0Bazaar has one<br=

too, and it&#39;s probably not quite as easy as implied. =A0I haven&#39;t d=
one<br>
much on this front, so my apologies if I get it wrong. =A0If I<br>
understand things correctly, you&#39;ll need to make sure you install your<=
br>
hook plugins on the new server, otherwise you won&#39;t get your emails,<br=

or whatever. =A0Also, Bazaar has gone through a number of formats (sorry<br=

to bring up the past!), and there have been issues. =A0Failures trying<br>
to do it remotely, or it taking a long time to perform the upgrade. =A0I<br=

think Git has been the only one who hasn&#39;t changed their model in a<br>
breaking way. =A0Also, downstream folks will need to update references<br>
to their branch locations at some point if they want to receive new<br>
updates, or push changes back. =A0So while you don&#39;t have to relocate<b=
r>
your working copy immediately, you still need to effectively do the<br>
>I don&#39;t quite understand. To be honest, I haven&#39;t performed a full=
 migration with bzr yet either. At least, not one where I&#39;ve had to wor=
ry about hooks and plugins. Are you referring to migrating a single bzr bra=
nch, or a full bzr repository, and are you cautioning that the plugins and =
hooks won&#39;t go along with a push?<br>
g simple methods like rsync, or just taring up the entire directory. I&#39;=
m assuming the same could be done with installed plugins and hooks. Is this=
 correct?<br>
rom the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.<br>Blog: <a href=3D=
"http://www.townsfolkdesigns.com/blogs/elberry">http://www.townsfolkdesigns=
.com/blogs/elberry</a><br>
jEdit &lt;<a href=3D"http://www.jedit.org">http://www.jedit.org</a>&gt; - P=
rogrammer&#39;s Text Editor<br>Bazaar &lt;<a href=3D"http://bazaar.canonica=