No subject

Fri Dec 18 02:33:18 GMT 2009

the messages below, you probably 'bzr add' the .BASE, .THIS,
.OTHER files, adding to the confusion.

When https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/322767 will be
fixed, bzr should complain loudly if you try to do that (unless
you really force it, and even there I think it will still
complain ;).

    =D3scar> Subversion merges this allright, without
    =D3scar> conflict. Bazaar, however, signals a contents
    =D3scar> conflict, leaves the original .bzrignore file
    =D3scar> untouched, and creates .bzrignore.OTHER and
    =D3scar> .bzrignore.BASE. I've tried different merge
    =D3scar> algorithms, but that didn't made a difference.

'bzr help conflict-types' is supposed to explain the different
types of conflict, I suspect that you didn't realize that a
'Content Conflict' was involved here .

    =D3scar> BTW, executing "bzr remerge" produces a funny effect:

    =D3scar> $ ls  .bzrignore*
    =D3scar> .bzrignore  .bzrignore.BASE  .bzrignore.OTHER

    =D3scar> $ bzr remerge
    =D3scar> Contents conflict in .bzrignore.OTHER
    =D3scar> Conflict adding id to .bzrignore.OTHER.OTHER.  Unversioned exi=
sting file .bzrignore.OTHER.
    =D3scar> Contents conflict in tests/cases/thread/thread-wrapper.wra.OTH=
ER
    =D3scar> Conflict adding id to tests/cases/thread/thread-wrapper.wra.OT=
HER.OTHER.  Unversioned existing file tests/cases/thread/thread-wrapper.wra=
.OTHER.
    =D3scar> Contents conflict in tests/wrappers/defdatems.lp0.OTHER
    =D3scar> Conflict adding id to tests/wrappers/defdatems.lp0.OTHER.OTHER=
.  Unversioned existing file tests/wrappers/defdatems.lp0.OTHER.
    =D3scar> 6 conflicts encountered.

    =D3scar> $ ls  .bzrignore*
    =D3scar> .bzrignore  .bzrignore.OTHER.BASE  .bzrignore.OTHER.OTHER

Yup, no '.THIS' file, so that's not a 'Text Conflict' but indeed
a 'Content Conflict', you're trying to merge two different files
(they have different file-ids) into the same path (yes, they have
the same paths in both branches, yet bzr doesn't see them as the
same file as mentioned above).

     Vincent