help needed: bzr 2.1.0b4, scmproj tests: NotImplementedError: SilentUIFactory doesn't support make_output_stream

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Dec 24 01:41:17 GMT 2009

2009/12/24 John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com>:
> There is currently an open debate for what SilentUIFactory should do
> when it is requested to 'make_output_stream'. It will either:
> 1) Open a connection to stdout
> 2) Silently discard the data put into the stream
>
> Mostly likely it will be (1), and we just need to update the code to do so.

There is also 0: just error and make the caller decide what they want
to have happen.  This is kind of what we have now, though not really
in a very friendly way.

Perhaps we should actually not have one called 'silent' but rather
just a non-interactive text ui factory.

> I believe mwhudson also commented on this being an issue with some of
> his tests failing.

Right, and he's asking for it to default to text.  I'll have a look at it.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>