Conflict resolution workflow (was Re: Recipes vs. Looms vs. pipelines)

David Strauss david at fourkitchens.com
Fri Dec 18 06:32:23 GMT 2009

On 2009-12-18 06:23, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Aaron Bentley writes:
>
>  > John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>  > > So there is at least some precedent for tracking conflicted state in the
>  > > repository. AIUI it is somewhat about 'scaling up', when the tree state
>  > > is complex enough that it takes >1 person to figure out what is going on.
>  >
>  > If we do decide to pursue this approach, it would be a good idea to read
>  > up on how BK handles it.
>
> And how Darcs handles it.  (Ie, the "exponential disaster" scenario.)

I agree that commit-able conflicted states would be useful. I have been
on projects where merging a feature branch from a team required hours of
work and coordination. Under such circumstances I would like the ability
to (1) checkpoint my own work and (2) share my work-in-progress.

--
David Strauss
   | david at fourkitchens.com
Four Kitchens