Conflict resolution workflow

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Thu Dec 17 22:25:26 GMT 2009

(Something strange is up with your From field, Barry. Can you remove the
parenthetical redundancy?)

Barry Warsaw <barry at canonical.com> (by way of Barry Warsaw
<barry at canonical.com>) writes:

> I would like to split this task into two parts. I want a revision that
> is the results of the merge of trunk, and a separate revision that
> includes just my changes to resolve the conflict.

What does “the result of a merge of trunk” mean here? Are you saying you
want a revision, committed to the branch, which includes conflict
markers and ‘foo.BASE’, ‘foo.THIS’, ‘foo.OTHER’ files? That those should
appear as part of the branch history?

--
 \     “I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I |
  `\         am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I |