Conflicts in removed files

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 07:35:05 GMT 2009

The config for this can be in .bzr/branch/branch.conf
Then it won't influence other branches (which was on concern).
I.e. it could be a local workingtree config to make your workflow bearable,
without altering what needs to be recorded in the revision where you removed
them.

--
marius
my G1 forces top posting :(

On Dec 11, 2009 5:35 AM, "Andrew Bennetts" <andrew.bennetts at canonical.com>
wrote:

Stefan Monnier wrote:
[...]

> Basically the situation is as follows: > - take an upstream repository
with some files you don't w...
[...]

> So, does Bzr offer some way to say > > bzr rm --really-no-conflicts-please
filesIdontwant
I don't know of a good way to do that at the moment.  'bzr revert
fileIdontwant.OTHER' after a merge will at least remove the readded file
and the conflict in one go, but that still leaves the unversioned and
unwanted .BASE cluttering your tree.

The problem of course with 'bzr rm --really-no-conflicts-please' is that
someone else merging from your branch may want to reverse that
decision... I'm not sure what a good solution to that would look like,
either in terms of UI or in terms of what's recorded in the repository.

I'm working on per-file merge hooks at the moment
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/491711), perhaps that will help.  I
think it'll allow you to write a plugin just to say “always prefer THIS
over OTHER for merge of file X”.  That's not as easy as a
--really-no-conflicts-please option, but it's a start.

-Andrew.