moving to bazaar.canonical.com

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Wed Dec 9 06:53:49 GMT 2009

Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> writes:

> After some discussion both here and elsewhere, we're going to move
> bazaar-vcs.org to bazaar.canonical.com.

Thank you for the discussion, and:

> This has been kicked around for a long time (including
> <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2009q4/thread.html#63183>),
> and I'm very aware that people have real and reasonable concerns.

Thank you for credibly hearing these concerns over several waves of
discussion.

> But having considered all angles, I just want to do it now.

:-(

> There are upsides to corporate support too, though, for Bazaar as well
> as Canonical.

I don't think anyone here doubted that was the case. It's frustrating to
see this point brought up in connection with this decision as though it
were addressing a concern raised during the discussion. I don't see that
it is.

> This isn't a precursor to closing the licence, the development process or
> anything else ulterior.

Hopefully the concerns of many of us here — that this is a precursor to
having an even more difficult time convincing independent-minded hackers
to adopt Bazaar — are ill-founded.

> There may be some small bumps while this changeover occurs, but if you
> notice any lasting problems please tell us here or on irc.

;-)

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\    Brain, but if we give peas a chance, won't the lima beans feel |