Contributor agreement

David Ingamells david.ingamells at mapscape.eu
Fri Dec 4 07:33:08 GMT 2009

Karl Fogel wrote:
> Thanks, David!

You're welcome! I'm also not a lawyer, but have encountered my share of
legalese :-\

>   > Item 13:
>   >
>   >    * Why agree to something that can only be binding by having sent the
>   >      agreement? Use "I agree that this agreement is binding if it is
>   >      sent attached to an email which contains my name typed in full
>   >      which shall constitute ...".

On re reading what I wrote I realise I didn't phrase this point very
well. I found it strange that the agreement contained a commitment to
sent the agreement by email when the commitment only becomes active when
that action has already occurred. I also can see no reason to constrain
a person to one means of transmission - if an individual has concerns
like I voiced about email why not allow him to send a paper copy?

David.