Get revisions affecting a file?

Michael Gliwinski Michael.Gliwinski at henderson-group.com
Wed Dec 2 17:28:32 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 15:40:08 John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> basis_ie.revision is the last modification of a file (provided it isn't
> modified on disk).
>
> You can use:
>
> rev = wt.repository.get_revision(basis_ie.revision)
>
> To turn that revision-id into a Revision object which has
> "self.timestamp" as the seconds-since-epoch when the file was committed.

I just had the 'a-ha!' moment :)  Don't know why but I thought that since a
revision relates to entire tree you have to search the history to get the
revision in which the file is modified.  I should have read the API doc of
Inventory and InventoryEntry more carefully.

> A revision_id is a simple string that implies a revision. You can use
> "repo.get_revision(revision_id)" to get the Revision object described.
> You can also use the revision id to get the inventory (tree-shape
> information), and other such objects.

Splendid, got it now.  Thanks for the help.  Appreciate it.

--
Michael Gliwinski
Henderson Group Information Services

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the email by anyone else is unauthorised.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed  in the governing client engagement leter or contract.
If you have received this email in error please notify support at henderson-group.com

John Henderson (Holdings) Ltd
Registered office: 9 Hightown Avenue, Mallusk, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT36 4RT.
Registered in Northern Ireland
Registration Number NI010588
Vat No.: 814 6399 12