you can help triage bzr bugs

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Wed Dec 2 07:40:21 GMT 2009

Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> writes:

> 2009/12/2 Ben Finney <ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au>:
> >> Anyone can play.
> >
> > If they have a Launchpad account.
[…]

> So, as I pointed out in the thread "OpenID yada yada yada" some time
> ago, you can actually participate in bug triage using just email, very
> similarly to with Debian.

With the significant difference that (IIUC) I must first have an account
at Launchpad.

> All you need is an email account (etc) and a GPG key, which you do
> already seem to have. If you seriously want to participate in this
> then I will be happy to do the small amount of web interaction needed
> to get it this started. Consider this a workaround for the fact that
> it doesn't automatically recognize you when you first send mail.

Thank you for the offer.

> If I understand correctly, your position is that you don't want to
> have or worry about a new site-specific account or credential. This
> would address that.

I don't understand from this description whether this requires having
authentication credentials at Launchpad. Would access to those
credentials allow a person to assume the identity of that account at
Launchpad?

If it does, then it then falls to me to either manage the credentials to
my Launchpad account securely, or fail to do so. That unattractive set
of options is precisely what I don't want.

--
 \     “I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no |
  `\       feet. So I said, ‘Got any shoes you're not using?’” —Steven |