Answering questions from Emacs developers.

Martin Albisetti argentina at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 22:08:52 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Karl Fogel <karl.fogel at canonical.com> wrote:
> If anyone here wants to help out GNU Emacs as it switches to Bazaar, a
> good way would be to answer Bazaar questions posted by Eli Zaretskii:
>
>  * "Listing branches with bzr"
>    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-12/msg00021.html

"bzr branches" is maybe what he's looking for.

>  * "Strange response after merge from upstream"
>    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-12/msg00023.html
>
>    (No response yet.  I think the answer to his question is "Yes,
>    that's expected behavior, because you committed a merge", but it
>    would be better if someone who knows Bazaar well could answer.)

That's correct. The merge commit is an extra commit. It may or may not
have changed anything, but it's an extra revision.

> And if you're going for the Bazaar Sainthood Award: feel free to
> subscribe to Emacs Devel and answer more of the Bazaar questions that
> are now popping up as we prepare for the switchover (in the next week or
> two, as soon as the Emacs 23.2 pretest freezes).

I don't use emacs at all, but I will subscribe and see if I can catch
bzr questions (or point me at them when they come up).

--
Martin