Answering questions from Emacs developers.

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Dec 1 22:08:14 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 15:58 -0600, Karl Fogel wrote:
> If anyone here wants to help out GNU Emacs as it switches to Bazaar, a
> good way would be to answer Bazaar questions posted by Eli Zaretskii:
>
>   * "Listing branches with bzr"
>     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-12/msg00021.html
>
>     (The only response is from me, saying "I use loggerhead to do that".
>     I don't know if there's a better answer, though.)
"bzr branches" from bzrtools will list all branches under a certain URL
for which a branch exists.

Alternatively, "bzr heads" can show all revisions that don't have
descendants (i.e. dead branches).

> * "Strange response after merge from upstream"
>     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-12/msg00023.html
>
>     (No response yet.  I think the answer to his question is "Yes,
>     that's expected behavior, because you committed a merge", but it
>     would be better if someone who knows Bazaar well could answer.)
Yes, that's how I would describe it as well. If he had pulled rather
than merge+committed he wouldn't have the extra revision.

Cheers,

Jelmer