Resolving conflicts with Bazaar Explorer

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Nov 27 11:02:04 GMT 2009

Philippe Lhoste пишет:
> On 26/11/2009 18:34, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>>>   external_merge = C:/Program Files/WinMerge/WinMergeU.exe %o %t %r
>>>
>>> (commented out) but TBH I don't recall if I really used it, because
>>> of above reason...
>
> Indeed, I probably just made it out of the manual...
>
>> The command-line above does not work.
>> It should be
>>
>> C:/Program Files/WinMerge/WinMergeU.exe %r
>>
>> and this syntax does not supported neither by extmerge not by qconflicts.
>
> Ah, I wasn't aware of syntax limitations!
>
> I got the message:
> bzr: ERROR: Error in external merge tool definition.
> Definition needs to contain %r, %b, %r and %o
> Definition is C:/Program Files/UText/WinMerge/WinMergeU.exe %o %t %r
>
> I noticed the typo (twice %r) and checked if there is an update.
> Got revision 15.
> Looks like they expanded a bit the syntax.
> Tried:
>
> C:/Program Files/UText/WinMerge/WinMergeU.exe %o %T
>
> which is one of the legal syntaxes, and it opens WinMerge with the file
> from the other branch and the current file, which looks like a good way
> to solve conflict, no?

I don't think so.

When WinMerge launched with single argument it used as file with merge
conflicts. So it parses conflicts to both panes as their file / my file
and you edit my file pane (right one).

> Now, I just went and opened extmerge.py
> I added the lines:
>
>     # WinMerge-style 2 way merge
>     ('%r')
>
> at the end of valid_parameter_sets (with a comma before) and tried that.
> It worked...

Yes, something like that. Never had the time to fix this in qconflicts.

Because of simple syntax of WinMerge command-line I don't have need of
using extmerge. That's why I like this tool: it's simple.