Resolving conflicts with Bazaar Explorer

Philippe Lhoste PhiLho at GMX.net
Fri Nov 27 10:50:39 GMT 2009

On 26/11/2009 18:34, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>>   external_merge = C:/Program Files/WinMerge/WinMergeU.exe %o %t %r
>>
>> (commented out) but TBH I don't recall if I really used it, because of
>> above reason...

Indeed, I probably just made it out of the manual...

> The command-line above does not work.
> It should be
>
> C:/Program Files/WinMerge/WinMergeU.exe %r
>
> and this syntax does not supported neither by extmerge not by qconflicts.

Ah, I wasn't aware of syntax limitations!

I got the message:
bzr: ERROR: Error in external merge tool definition.
Definition needs to contain %r, %b, %r and %o
Definition is C:/Program Files/UText/WinMerge/WinMergeU.exe %o %t %r

I noticed the typo (twice %r) and checked if there is an update.
Got revision 15.
Looks like they expanded a bit the syntax.
Tried:

C:/Program Files/UText/WinMerge/WinMergeU.exe %o %T

which is one of the legal syntaxes, and it opens WinMerge with the file from the other
branch and the current file, which looks like a good way to solve conflict, no?

Now, I just went and opened extmerge.py
I added the lines:

     # WinMerge-style 2 way merge
     ('%r')

at the end of valid_parameter_sets (with a comma before) and tried that.
It worked...

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France