[RFC] Bazaar Localisation Team

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 08:43:25 GMT 2009

2009/11/27 Algis Kabaila <akabaila at pcug.org.au>:
> On Friday 27 November 2009 04:10:03 Philippe Lhoste wrote:
>> On 25/11/2009 09:47, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> > I personally constantly trying to find the good variants for translation
>> > and every time this is hard. There is many terms which is just dead hard
>> > to translate adequately. [...] I can list you long list of hard
>> > terms.
> [..]
>>
>> Yes. I have a glossary I wrote on paper, I should make it more formal.
>
> Will you let us see your list when it is done?

It would be nice to have a place to put the "official" glossaries and
guidelines that are to be used for translating Bazaar. Independent of
whether there should be a separate translators-team on launchpad,
there needs to be a place to put this stuff. I propose subpages under
http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrTranslations.

I contributed a bit to the Dutch translation of Bazaar Explorer, but
am fairly certain that the translation is not entirely consistent. A
guide for translating common terms, in bzr but also related projects,
like GUIs, would be welcome here.

Just a note: I think for Dutch it would be appropriate not to
translate a lot of the technical terms.

Maarten