Usage discussion from the GNU Emacs project.

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Fri Nov 27 05:39:01 GMT 2009

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> So the emphasis on improving performance must go on, otherwise bazaar
> will be restricted to small projects.

Performance is no longer #1 on our list of things to work on. poolie has
made it clear though that we'll continue to work on it as needed. In
particular, please help us by raising explicit bugs about the issues
you're seeing.

> can not recommend bazaar to projects who are exploring alternatives to
> CVS or Subversion if their history contain tens of thousands of
> revisions.

What hardware are you running on? What operations are a problem?
100s/1000s of people work on projects of this size every day using
Bazaar. The Bazaar code base itself has 28k revisions and it's a baby in
comparison to other projects successful using Bazaar.

Ian C.