Resolving conflicts with Bazaar Explorer

Philippe Lhoste PhiLho at GMX.net
Thu Nov 26 16:56:44 GMT 2009

On 26/11/2009 06:01, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> I don't like extmerge because it does not support WinMerge :-P

Well, despite its name, WinMerge isn't really a merge tool (at least a 3-way merge tool),
just a (good) diff tool.
On my bazaar.conf file, I have the following incantation:

   external_merge = C:/Program Files/WinMerge/WinMergeU.exe %o %t %r

(commented out) but TBH I don't recall if I really used it, because of above reason...

At work we use Perforce and I found out that P4Merge, their in-house merge tool, which is
free to use (you "just" have to download the whole Perforce package to get it...) is quite
good. So I have now the following magic formula:

   external_merge = C:/Program Files/Perforce/p4merge.exe %b %o %t %r

It is nice because I just do:

   bzr extmerge ConflictingFile.source

make the appropriate changes, save and I am done, I just do

   bzr resolved ConflictingFile.source

after and I am happy... :-)

--
Philippe Lhoste