Usage discussion from the GNU Emacs project.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Nov 26 08:18:29 GMT 2009

Óscar Fuentes writes:

 > > Is it worth adding tips like above to the Emacs developer
 > > documentation?
 >
 > Sure. Are you there, Stephen? :-)

I disagree.  Several important Emacs developers (do they come more
important than Richard Stallman?) are already having trouble following
the discussion there.  Once several people are successfully using
Bazaar and advising others, when it addresses a real complaint of
users, *then* complexify the documentation.  Right now, the complaint
of the majority of people who post is that *nothing* makes sense. Add
more nonsense at the peril of (1) chasing marginal developers away and
(2) convincing people that the way to work with Bazaar is through a
git mirror.

For the BzrForEmacsDevs document, the watchwords for the editor are
(1) simplify, (2) cut, and (3) clarify.

If you want to make a separate document, go ahead, but I don't think
the time is ripe.  Heck, we don't even know what the commit URL is
going to be when things go "live", yet.