Some plans for scmproj

Alexander Belchenko bialix at
Thu Nov 26 04:56:20 GMT 2009

Ian Clatworthy пишет:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> So, to unblock further development I decided to remove several features:
>> alts (though they are very useful), subsets (never proved to be very
>> useful) and move project.cfg from separate branch that lived in .scmproj
>> directory to in-tree config, using the latest approved way with .bzrmeta
>> (thanks, Ian).
>> Removing alts is critical point, because right now it blocks snapshots
>> implementation. Also it will simplify some other things. And also
>> unblocks desire to have several project configs with different number of
>> components (subsets does not help us here, unfortunately).
> Hi Alexander,
> Thanks for the update. All up, we now have 3 plugins solving different
> parts of the "metaproject" problem:
> 1. scmproj
> 2. externals
> 3. builder

Maybe I'm dead wrong but it seems all 3 other tools: config-manager, builder and externals focusing
(or providing support) only for one task: re-create set of branches based on some config.

scmproj instead focusing on idea of emulating nested trees so user can work with component branches
in almost natural way, or at least has the power of commands constructor (project-command) which has
support of templates, so I can do almost everything with entire project using that.