[RFC] Bazaar Localisation Team

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Nov 24 23:03:55 GMT 2009

Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> Now that the documentation team is off to a flying start, I'd like to
> kick off a team dedicated to improving our I18N support. The team
> objectives would be:
> * translate Bazaar's GUIs and documentation to numerous languages
>   and maintain those translations
> * develop and maintain translation policies
> * propose changes to bzr's core to enable better UI localisation
> * develop and maintain developer policies supporting
>   internationalisation.
> The suggested team name is bzr-l10n.
> Sound OK?
> Ian C.

Do you really want another separate team? It seems a bit fragmented to
me to have 20 different teams that don't really say much. Threads can't
cross between them well, etc.

I might think it better if we actually had more than .. 2?.. posts on
bzr-doc so far? And certainly bzr-windows and bzr-mac aren't exactly
focal points.

Then again, I'm someone who does manage to read just about all of bzr,
so my view is a bit biased.

I just feel that we went from 1 probably too-full list, to having it
split with merge-proposals, and now you've introduced 5 or so mini-lists
that I don't think many people even realize they exist. Maybe I'm wrong,
are the subscription rates high?

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)