Launchpad reviews (was Re: Patch Pilot report)

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Nov 24 01:35:02 GMT 2009

2009/11/24 Robert Collins <robert.collins at canonical.com>:
> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 11:24 +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
>>
>> These are kind of captured, but not optimally clearly or easily, and
>> they're not clearly displayed on the overview page.  (For instance
>> there is a bug about confusion between 'needs fixing', 'needs
>> information', 'approved' - I suspect when people cannot understand the
>> formal categories they leave it blank.)
>
> I would love for 'tweak' to come back. It was most excellent, and not
> having it is a significant issue for getting rid of pqm-submit (either
> by pqm scanning for approved merges, or using tarmac). I think I mean
> that saying:
> "This is conceptually ok and once you do X it should be landed" doesn't
> sit well under 'needs fixing' at the comment level - and at the merge
> level itself its not really represented at all.

Yes, me too, it was clear and concise.

However, it did conflate "I'll tweak this and merge it" vs "I want
someone else to merge it with these tweaks" vs occasionally "you as a
non-committer please make these minor changes and resubmit" and that
could cause some confusion.  I think an ideal system would make that
clear.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>