[BUG][2.1.0b3] New command-line parser on Windows replace all \ with /

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Nov 20 12:32:37 GMT 2009

Hi John,

I found very bad problem in your new command-line parser/glob support
for windows.

It's always replace back slashes with forward slashes even if this is
not filename!!!

This is very serious regression for me, so please consider the bug
report about this as highest possible importance.

Here is simple case:

C:\Temp>bzr init 5
Created a standalone tree (format: pack-0.92)

C:\Temp\5>bzr mkdir foo
added foo

C:\Temp\5>bzr st

C:\Temp\5>bzr mkdir foo\bar
added foo/bar

C:\Temp\5>bzr ci -m foo\bar
Committing to: C:/Temp/5/
added foo
added foo/bar
Committed revision 1.

C:\Temp\5>bzr log
revno: 1
committer: Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net>
branch nick: 5
timestamp: Fri 2009-11-20 14:24:59 +0200

There message should be "foo\bar" not foo/bar.

But report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/485771