"Best" setup for local mirrors.

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Nov 20 00:21:10 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009 11:20:17 Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> > I don't know if bzr-explorer makes it easy to carve out a subset to
> > view, but the underlying commands support it. For example:
> >
> >  bzr qlog fem fem2
>
> Explorer 0.9.0 lets you select multiple branches in the repository view
> and hit the Log button to achieve this.

As I said it often, I think the bzr-explorer is a "killer" application, just
that I was startled to see the results of apparent merge (or a possible merge)
and wonderd why.

> > On *my* laptop, I have a single repository for bzr + all plugins, etc.
> > And then another one for Launchpad history, and another for Meliae, etc.
>
> FWIW, I have a shared repository per plugin for plugins I maintain. I
> use standalone branches for other plugins.
>
> Ian C.
That makes good sense and this is what I really wanted to hear.  In the
meantime, I read your documentation on the "mainstream" model of working with
feature branches.

I also must apologise for the my tardiness to reply, but "other" matters tend
to take over on occasions (like now, for me...).

Thank you both, Ian and John!

OldAl.