i18n of bzr

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Nov 17 00:20:03 GMT 2009

2009/11/17 mbp <mbp at canonical.com>:
> We want to put bzr into bugfix-only mode on a 2.1 branch targeted at Ubuntu 10.04 by about February.

... I meant to link here to <https://edge.launchpad.net/bzr/2.1> which
says we actually branch in early January.  This perhaps a bit
conservative, but I think still reasonable.  So January should be
viewed as a deadline for demonstrating that i18n can be merged and
work for at least one command.  I'd be happy to continue merging
changes to i18nize and l10nize more things after that freeze.

The spec looks broadly reasonable to me.

I've started cleaning up the way we do output, as discussed in other
threads.  So I think the point in the spec about having wrappers
around stdout will be dealt with as part of that.

Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>