branch specific rules - the latest proposal

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Fri Nov 13 08:39:14 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Ian Clatworthy
<ian.clatworthy at canonical.com> wrote:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>
>> * Does .bzrmeta will be final answer on the question: "will bzr support
>> versioned properties"?
>
> We have no plans for bzr core to ever support versioned properties.

That's a real shame.  I think they're a great solution to handling
line-endings, character encoding, and keyword expansion. :-(

Should these pages be removed/rejected then?
    http://bazaar-vcs.org/VersionedProperties
    https://launchpad.net/bzr/+spec/versioned-properties

And at least these pages make mention of it:
    http://bazaar-vcs.org/NewIgnoreRulesSpec
    https://launchpad.net/bzr/+spec/new-ignore-rules

Finally, should I update the migration docs for SVN with something
more concrete about the state of versioned properties?  I currently
have it worded to leave the door open for Bazaar to grow them, but I
don't want to mislead users.  I have seen them discussed in the past,
so it comes as a bit of a shock to hear you say that there are no
plans to ever support them. :-(

-John