Using svn as the repo for a bzr project

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Fri Nov 13 00:34:51 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Stuart P. Bentley
<stuart at testtrack4.com> wrote:
> I currently have a project in the form of a Bazaar standalone branch. What
> would be the simplest way to export this to a freshly-made SVN repository,
> then have my future commits to my local bzr branch go there? (For reference,
> I'm on Windows.)

Having done this recently:

$ svnadmin create repo
$ svn co url://to/repo wc
$ cd wc
$ svn mkdir branches tags
$ svn ci -m "Initial layout"
$ cd ..

(notice that trunk is missing from that list)

Go to your bzr branch, and do this:

$ bzr push url://to/repo/trunk

That will create trunk from your branch, and push the mainline
revisions in there.  If you bind your branch to the svn repo, then
every time you commit, it will go straight to SVN:

$ bzr bind :push

Hope that helps!

-John