[Attention] QBzr trunk converted to 2a format

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Nov 11 10:20:01 GMT 2009

Gary van der Merwe пишет:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
>> As we discussed today with Gary I've just converted trunk to 2a format and pushed it to LP.
>> https://code.launchpad.net/~qbzr-dev/qbzr/trunk2a
>
> Thanks for doing this Alex. I stared this yesterday, but was not able
> to complete it due to time constraints.
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
>> Change parent location is a problem, yes, but you need
>> anyway to upgrade your local copy, it won't be updated auto-magically.
>
> According to the document, there is a easy way to avoid this:
>
> If you want your new migrated development focus branch to have the
> same name as your old pre-migration branch, you need to do a few extra
> things before you establish the new development focus.
>
> 1. Rename your old pre-migration branch; use something like
> foo-obsolete-do-not-use. You will really not want to delete this
> because there will be artifacts (bugs, merge proposals, etc.)
> associated with it.
> 2. Rename the new migrated branch to the pre-migration branch’s old name.
> 3. Re-establish the development focus branch using the new migrated
> branch’s new name (i.e. the old pre-migration branch’s original name).

I have only one concern/question regarding renaming:

we have a lot of stacked branches there, e.g. lp:qbzr/0.14,
lp:qbzr/0.15, many users branches, do they auto-magically will be
re-stacked to renamed trunk? Or they will use new trunk? Do they will
have problems with rich-root vs poor-roots incompatibility?