[qbzr] QBzr 0.16 released

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Tue Nov 10 01:35:01 GMT 2009

First of all - thank you!
On Tuesday 10 November 2009 10:35:04 Martin Pool wrote:
> 2009/11/9 Algis Kabaila <akabaila at pcug.org.au>:
> > I realise that QBzr is MS Win oriented and the power be with you.  I use
> > ubuntu and want to run 0.16 QBzr as well as QBzr head (which, I gather,
> > has at this time unresolved conflicts).

@Alexander - I apologise, but really no offence was intended.  I think it is
true that many/most developers use posix OS and that makes the MS Win users,
prepared to test, even more precious.  The above was meant as a compliment.

> > For version 0.16:
> > 1. If the tar ball is expanded in directory ~/xyz and I place a symbolic
> > link QBzr ->  ~/xyz
> > then to run the QBzr CLI would require entry
> > bzr QBzr
> > Is that correct?
> No, it would still be qbzr.  However to install it, it needs to be in
> ~/.bazaar/plugins/qbzr
Yes. Actually it was installed in a separate directory and a symbolic link
qbzr in .bazaar/plugins/ points to it.  The bzr q<command> works fine in
several languages.
> > 2. How can I access several translations of QBzr? I want to see it in a
> > working GUI, not just in a file.  My location is Australia and the
> > default language is English.  However, I am interested in different
> > translations.  I found it very interesting to diff the some translations
> > in files in "po" subdirectory, viz. "ru" against "uk".  To change the
> > location just for that is so inconvenient that it is not a practical
> > proposition.
> I don't really understand.   If you want to run QBzr in a different
> language, use something like
> LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 bzr qbzr
Yes, I do, want to run some programs in several different languages, because I
ammultilingual and I have tried to help with some translations and would like
to continue to do so.

@Alexander - As you suggested,
LANG=ru bzr qlog <a directory with a branch> works fine.

Actually I am really interested to see Lithuanin translations in action.  No
such luck, as there are no lt translation in the po directory of qbzr  :)

However, there is a "lt" (Lithuanian) translation package, in bzr-explorer's
po files, but I was unable to invoke it.  I also tried some widely used
languages, viz. French, German. Again I did not succeeed to run the bzr-
explorer in one of those languages.

In a few days time, I will ask Ian C.  But let him first recover from his
illness. I believe it is all my own fault - missing language package or
something of that sort.  Happy to note that  the "qlog" works fine in de, fr,
ru, uk.
> I don't know what this is about.  You don't need to delete the pyc
> files.  Just run "bzr branch lp:qbzr ~/.bazaar/plugins/qbzr" and it
> should be ok.
Sorry about the above para. - I was just blundering about. I should return to
my own program writing where the problems are created solely by me (at least
at present).

Martin, I fail to understand how you find the time to answer such a volume of
mail - a big *thanks* to you!

Alexander - I do appreciate you going to the trouble to answer my questions.

Algis Kabaila, MEngSc, PhD(Eng)