[qbzr] QBzr 0.16 released

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Mon Nov 9 00:57:03 GMT 2009

On Monday 09 November 2009 10:33:35 Gary van der Merwe wrote:
> On behalf of QBzr development team I'd like to announce a release brim
> with new features - QBzr 0.16 codenamed "Acacia".
>
> This release add lots of new features for working with your working
> tree. I've bloged about these (with screen shots) here:
> http://bazaarvcs.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/new-working-tree-features-in-qbzr
>/
>

> What's new in this release:
>
>  * qswitch:
>    * Added support for --create-branch option to "bzr switch". (A. S.
> Budden) * SubprocessUIFactory and QUIFactory now both support get_username,
> and get_boolean. (Bug #421851, Gary van der Merwe)
>  * Save the size of Dialogs when the user press Esc. (Bug #417809,
>    Gary van der Merwe)
>  * qlog:
>    * Get the max main_line digets in a different way so that we don't break
>      --no-graph. (Bug #455867, Gary van der Merwe)
>    * Corrected the margin for the revision number column. (Gary van der
> Merwe) * When loading the file list delta, only lock the repositories that
> are being used. If the 2 trees are from the same repositories, load them
> together. (Gary van der Merwe)
>    * When viewing a svn repo, only show the file list if 1 revision is
> selected, and if so, use a optimized method to do so. (Bug #450225,
>      Gary van der Merwe)
>    * Show a throbber above the file list while a delta is being loaded.
>      (Gary van der Merwe)
>    * Fix a bug when refreshing a branch with revisions that have been
> removed. (Bug #435486, Gary van der Merwe)
>  * qlog/qannotate:
>    * Preserve leading whitespace in the lines of the log message.
>      (Max Bowsher)
>  * qadd:
>    * Don't show unchanged directories that contain ignored files.
>      (Bug #462435, Gary van der Merwe)
>  * qcommit, qadd, qrevert:
>    * Directoies with 4 or more sub items are grouped in the tree view.
>      (Bug #456198, Gary van der Merwe)
>    * Correct the old path shown for renamed files. (Bug #432572,
>      Gary van der Merwe)
>    * Passing a directory via the command line now correctly checks the
>      directory. (Bug #435034, Gary van der Merwe)
>    * For qcommit, It is now possible to select unversioned file and
> directories via the command line. (Gary van der Merwe)
>    * Automaticly expand to the check items on load. (Gary van der Merwe)
>    * Fix View for unversoined files when run from a sub directory of the
>      working tree. (Gary van der Merwe)
>  * qcommit/qbrowse:
>    * Conflicts are shown in the status column. External merge applications
>      can be launched to resolve these conflicts, and the conflicts can be
>      marked as merged. (Bug #174509, Gary van der Merwe)
>    * Improved the usibility of the context menu add, and revert actions.
>      These now directly use the api, rather than via subprocess. There is
>      now no prompt for add. With large trees, there is less flicker when
> [...]
Gary,

I realise that QBzr is MS Win oriented and the power be with you.  I use
ubuntu and want to run 0.16 QBzr as well as QBzr head (which, I gather, has at
this time unresolved conflicts).

For version 0.16:
1. If the tar ball is expanded in directory ~/xyz and I place a symbolic link
QBzr ->  ~/xyz
then to run the QBzr CLI would require entry
bzr QBzr
Is that correct?

2. How can I access several translations of QBzr? I want to see it in a
working GUI, not just in a file.  My location is Australia and the default
language is English.  However, I am interested in different translations.  I
found it very interesting to diff the some translations in files in "po"
subdirectory, viz. "ru" against "uk".  To change the location just for that is
so inconvenient that it is not a practical proposition.

3. How can I run "head" of QBzr?  It is very easy to change the sym links, but
that seems to leave some "unhappiness" in some __init__ methods.  Is it enough
to delete __init__.pyc and let it be regenerated from __init__.py?

TIA,

OldAl.

--
Algis Kabaila, MEngSc, PhD(Eng)