[Fwd: Re: [Merge] lp:~jameinel/bzr/2.1.0b3-win32-shell-completion into lp:bzr]

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Sat Nov 7 16:39:36 GMT 2009

John Arbash Meinel пишет:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:

I think with your patch there is no easy way to compare windows shell
behavior with bzr command-line parsing behavior for real-world data.
Specifically I'm still trying to figure out how it will affects
qsubprocess in QBzr: we don't specially quote bencoded stream now (I
think Qt should do this if needed), maybe it's our fault, but looking at
your tests it seems we can get sometimes wrong behavior with qcommit and
some commit messages with mix of single and double quotes. Maybe I'm
just plain wrong.

So if there will be BZR_GLOB knob to switch between old and new way it
will be much simpler to debug corner cases if they will appear suddenly
on Windows. Do you think it's desirable?