bzr+ssh with BZR_REMOTE_PATH under Vista

}--o viktor.nagy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 07:02:22 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have bzr 2.1.0b installed under Vista, and would like to run the Vista
equivalent of

$ BZR_REMOTE_PATH=/home/user/bin/bzr bzr branch bzr+ssh://
user at example.com/home/user/bzr/repo

I've tried 2 ways

first to add to locations.conf this:

[bzr+ssh://user@example.com/home/user/bzr/repo]
BZR_REMOTE_PATH=/home/user/bin/bzr

then to run from the bzr command line
> set BZR_REMOTE_PATH=/home/user/bin/bzr
> bzr branch bzr+ssh://user@example.com/home/user/bzr/repo

in either case I got the following error

Authentication (password) successful!
Secsh channel 1 opened.
bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: Unexpected end of message. Please check
connectivity and permissions, and report a bug if problems persist.

I've tried to run the original command under Linux with bzr 2.0.2, and it
worked flawlessly.

Can this be a version problem? Windows has 2.1.0b, while Linux has bzr
2.0.2.
I've downloaded the windows installers at the beginning of the week, and the
stable version's links didn't work. This is how I ended up with the testing
version. Was this fixed in the meantime?

thanks for your answers
Viktor