How to remove single earlier commit ?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at
Fri Nov 6 03:27:35 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 12:47:15PM +1100 I heard the voice of
Ben Finney, and lo! it spake thus:
> Revert the changes you decide you don't like (to get the working tree in
> the right state), then commit the working tree state describing what you
> did.
>     $ bzr revert --revision 0..1

Er.  No.  'revert' doesn't support -c for the very good reason that
revert doesn't have any meaning when given two revisions in the first
place.  revert -r0..1 is an error.  Revert takes a SINGLE revision,
because it only makes sense to set the file state to a single

That you WANT here is something like "bzr merge -r1..0 .", to merge
forward the OPPOSITE of the 0..1 change.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at
Systems/Network Administrator |