bzr-Explorer could be a better learning tool.

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Thu Nov 5 21:55:10 GMT 2009

On Friday 06 November 2009 06:08:39 Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> Algis Kabaila пишет:

> >> I've implemented it in run.py as
> >>
> >>         self.process_widget.logMessageEx("Run command: "+'
> >> '.join(cmd_line), "cmdline")
> >>         self.process_widget.do_start(cwd, *args)
> >>
> >> We need to move it to subprocess.py (process_widget._start_next to
> >> enable this output for all subprocess-based commands).

[..]
> > where I live and I might return to bed as I got up at 3 am.  One of those
> > nights...
>
> When you'll wake-up you can try proof-of-concept of command logging, see
> attached patch.
>
> Also you can see how it looks on attached screenshot.
>
> Hmm, interesting... We should not invoke add before commit if there is
> nothing to add. Nice, we can use it for debugging!
It happens often that learning/teaching material is excellent for debugging.

The concept looks great - that is the kind of thing that I would love to see
in bzr-Explorer, too.  The level of complexity between a large collection of
commands and a small one is clearly different and would influence the choice of
display.  Your display looks fine.

Now :) if I can be so bold as to try to use Latin alphabet to write Russian
words, which will be as successful as trying to write, say Lithuanian in
Cyrillic script, "Zakrit" is clearly 'Close' (Dctionary suggests
'Receivership'), "Zavershieno" is perhaps something like "Complete" or
'Completely', "Obnovit" something like 'Renew', 'Refresh', but what is
"Razlychia"?  Just showing off, both my wide but very limited and superficial
knowledge of a range languages and my total ignorance of many other things  :(
.

Would you support my lodging a feature request on the bug tracker, please.
Not much to do for you, just say 'yes'.

Regards from drowsy
OldAl.

--