Question about features

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 15:36:33 GMT 2009

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info. Given what you say, I think that for my use case
the right way to use bzr is to combine "bzr shelve" and "rsync".

I think I figured out how to use rsync to send work to the test server
without creating a problem with branching and merging. instead of
running "rsync" on the branch, I could run it on the parent directory:

$ cd ~/myProject
$ ls
branch-A/
branch-B/
trunk/
$ rsync -avz -e ssh daniel at example.com:test/ .

So if I create a branch, that would go on a separate directory on the
test server. This looks like a good solution. I can't see any drawbacks
right now.

Daniel.