pylint

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Thu Nov 5 06:44:39 GMT 2009

Hi,

I would like to make my Python programs to be syntactically of the standard
expected in bzr-Explorer. Pylint shows the lack of compliance of my scripts
with PEP 08 (?).  Some results from pylint show just lax programming style
(viz two letter variable names), others are arise because of my endavour to
use variable names that resemble usual symbols of the structural theory, viz.
stiffness matrix of an element is k, stiffness matrix of a structure is K
subscript s in theory texts; in program I use k for the first and Ks for the
second.  Ks causes a double complaint by pylint - too short a variable and a
capital letter.  In addition, I have the habit of using camelCase, which I
should (will) chage to camel_case.

I woul like to comply in my project with the accepted standards wrt Python
syntax, if they exist, for projects related to Bazaar.

Are there templates for configuring pylint? Any suggestions?

OldAl.
--
Algis Kabaila, MEngSc, PhD(Eng)
http://akabaila.pcug.org.au/StructuralAnalysis.pdf