Comparison with Git, Mercurial or Darcs?

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at
Wed Nov 4 13:02:24 GMT 2009

Daniel Carrera <dcarrera at> writes:

> Most of those changes are not things that are "good enough to record".
> I only record them because I need to push the changes to a remote
> server for testing. That's why I said earlier that I could try using
> rsync for this. But rsync would not let me make a branch to develop a
> different feature in parallel.

Ah, that makes our current misunderstandings a lot clearer. Thank you.

I must say, this sounds like a distortion of a VCS to press it into
service as a deployment tool, to the detriment of both purposes.

 \        “I took a course in speed waiting. Now I can wait an hour in |
  `\                                 only ten minutes.” —Steven Wright |
Ben Finney