Fwd: Ubuntu/bzr stories update

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Nov 3 16:48:31 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 11:58:47PM +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
> I had a call with James Westby on Friday about the stories mail I sent a while
> back.  First, here's the highlights:
>
>  * The key feature requirement, and design question, is bzr's support for a
>   loom-like structure for packages.
>  * Recurring “nice to have” features: parallel imports, nested trees.
For a lot of imports (at least launchpad svn imports, bzr-{git,svn,hg}) the
'bzr rebase-foreign' command should now be able to rebase in a deterministic
manner.

Perhaps it would be useful for it to recognize Debian versions as well. Could
import-dsc perhaps set a revision property with the Debian package version
that a tree was created from?

Cheers,

Jelmer