What's Canonical thinking about Bazaar?

David Ingamells david.ingamells at mapscape.eu
Tue Nov 3 13:33:52 GMT 2009

I have been watching this thread and now feel that I need to add my
penny's worth.

In my opinion

    * Martin is doing an outstanding job running the bazaar project.
      Many other open source projects could do well to follow his (and
      his team's) example.
    * Canonical has every right to expect a return from their
      investment. We should be grateful that they have such an open
      policy and that we too can benefit from such a great tool.
    * It is very unlikely that Canonical's direction will result in
      enhancements that others cannot benefit from. After all, the
      things Canonical need to be able to do are things many projects
      need to do, both in the open source and the commercial world.

So Martin, keep doing a great job!

David.