Question about features

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:14:38 GMT 2009

Hello,

I have been using Darcs for a while. There are two features in Darcs
that I use a lot and I'd like to know if Bazaar has something similar:

1) When I run "darcs record" (same as "bzr commit") I can see the
individual changes in each file and I get to pick which changes I want
to record. If I change two lines in a file, I can record one change
and not the other.

2) I can unrecord changes (similar to "bzr uncommit"), but I can go
back in history and basically cherry pick which changes I want to
uncommit. For example:

-> Commit Feature A
-> Commit Feature B
Ooops, I made a mistake in A.
-> Uncommit Feature A
Fix feature A.
-> Commit Feature A.

Can Bazaar do these things?

I use these features all the time in my regular, day to day workflow.
I am a web developer. Whenever I make a change, I push it to a server
where I test my work. That means that I have a lot of commits that are
just "test". When I finish a feature I un-record/un-commit all my
changes and then make a single nice patch with the entire feature.

Some times I'll be working on "Feature A" and the boss asks me to fix
a bug in Feature B. So I fix Feature B, then I go back to Feature A.
When I finish Feature A I unrecord all the little changes that led to
Feature A and I re-record them as a single "Feature A" patch.

Can Bazaar adapt to my workflow?

Thanks,
Daniel.

--
No trees were destroyed in the generation of this message. A large
number of electrons were, however, severly inconvenienced.