launchpad proxy support

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Sat Oct 31 06:47:47 GMT 2009

<snip/>

    >> Do you think this will get into a 2.0.x release?

    jam> I'm willing to take feedback from Vincent about how
    jam> invasive this is,
    jam> but my personal opinion is that this is more of a
    jam> feature improvement than a simple bugfix.

If it's a feature improvement, it means our proxy support was
incomplete. I don't think that's the case, I think it was broken
for *some* proxies only. As such I consider it as a bugfix
myself. At the root it's a bug in xmlrpclib in all supported
python versions, it may be fixed one day in a upcoming version
but our fix here ensures we have a working solution for *all*
python versions.

    jam> It makes some fairly significant changes to various
    jam> layers.

Agreed, I'd like some staging before landing it in the 2.0
series.

    jam> As such I'm more comfortable with it only being in the
    jam> 2.1 series.

I agree with that too. Other may disagree though, as this bug has
been there for quite some time and has been blocking bzr use fr
many people...

  Vincent