dpush

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Fri Oct 30 15:55:59 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 15:33 +0000, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 02:24:19PM +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> > Some time back there was a big debate about dpush.  Was there ever a
> > resolution?  "bzr help dpush" still works.
> Can you be a more specific? What was the debate about?

Getting rid of the dpush command for uploading to Subversion and Git
repositories with rebasing in favour of an option to the push command.
Personally I had no problem with having dpush for this as it is a
special case of Bazaar behaviour, but many people wanted to expunge the
extra command in favour of using options on the one true push
command :-)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder