[RFC] depend on testtools for testing?

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Oct 30 14:44:02 GMT 2009

John Arbash Meinel пишет:
> Note that we currently use "setup.py bdist_wininst" which creates a .exe
> rather than a .msi, and has been around a lot longer than python 2.5...
>
> Maybe we should think about updating to 'bdist_msi' for the 2.5 and 2.6
> builds?

In the past I've tried once build package with bdist_msi. The result was awful (something about all
paths are absolute C:\Python25\... etc). So at that time I've decided to not use bdist_msi because
it's not ready for production use. Maybe things are changed since then, I don't check.

If somebody want to check and report -- I will be happy to know that my impression was wrong.