launchpad proxy support (Was: Empty XMLRPC response from launchpad)

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Thu Oct 29 17:58:25 GMT 2009

Gordon Tyler wrote:
> Nope, as it turns out, the request my HTTPTransport was sending was
> malformed. When the XMLRPC service URL was using the https scheme, it
> was making an SSL request on port 80 which was confusing the server.
> Once I changed my HTTPTransport to explicitly use port 443 in the URL
> given to urllib2, then it started working.

I'm guessing this a problem either in urllib2 or the bzrlib wrappers.
launchpad-login, which uses the bzrlib HTTP transport (i.e. NOT
xmlrpclib) to request the sshkeys URL, fails unless I modify
launchpad/account.py to specify port 443 in LAUNCHPAD_BASE.

I guess I should go poking around in the wrappers and urllib2.

Ciao,
Gordon