bzr svn-import with a deep branch layout

Russ Brown pickscrape at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:28:05 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 10:05:21 am John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Russ Brown wrote:
> > Are my suspicions correct, and if so is there any way to get svn-import
> > to detect branches by noticing copies of trunk, rather than simply
> > looking for subdirectories of branches?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> I'm pretty sure you can teach bzr-svn about custom branching schemes. I
> don't remember all of the details, though.

That would probably help, though one complication is that to begin with we did
create branches directly beneath "branches" before switching to categories as
the number of branches we had somewhat exploded. I'm not sure how well it
would handle the overlap period.

I do however seem to remember Jelmer talking some time ago about the branch
layouts being phased out in favour of branch detection based on the copy
source, though I could be wrong.

Here we go: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-svn/+bug/130372

Doesn't really explain what the new mechanism is though.

--

Russ