two questions

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Tue Oct 27 01:37:26 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 09:48 +0200, Tzury Bar Yochay wrote:
> I have a developer which works for me from India.
> In order to get more control on his work I want him to commit his
> works to my server (at slicehost).
>
> Since I do not wish to grant him a full ssh access to the server, I
> wonder what are my other options.

Use SSH to grant the dev a limited key. See:

http://www.hungryhacker.com/articles/security/single_purpose_ssh_keys/

Also search for "single-purpose ssh key" to find more info.  Basically,
you setup the user's account, and when you generate the key that he'll
use to login with SSH, you have that key only be used for the command
that he'll need (in this case, I think, that would be bzr itself).

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo