Bazaar Explorer problem

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Sat Oct 24 08:47:32 BST 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 08:03 +1000, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> > Russel Winder wrote:
> >> Marius,

> >> Isn't that for developers rather than users?  Also it seems to be a
> >> closed list -- only member can subscribe.
> >

> > I don't think I've ever gotten email there. I would say that *this*
> > mailing list is just fine for bzr-explorer questions.
>
> It is. I never bothered setting up an explorer-users list because my
> not-so-secret plan was to make explorer good enough that most bazaar
> users would become explorer users. :-)

I refuse to become an Explorer user (*), I am happily trying out Bazaar
Explorer though. ;-)

Talking of Bazaar GUIs, Bazaar Explorer fits the bill for general GUI
use, we have QBzrEclipse and BzrEclipse for Eclipse and that (mostly)
works, so Eclipse is covered.  There is a bzr4idea (and I think a second
IntelliJ IDEA plugin as well) but there doesn't seem to be much progress
on that recently.  I don't use NetBeans, but last time I did it took the
line "you will use Mercurial because we at Sun, who are right, tell you
to" so I guess no-one is working on a Bazaar plugin?

(*) It doesn't exist for Ubuntu and Mac OS X so that is good :-)
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder