Bazaar Explorer problem

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Fri Oct 23 15:16:30 BST 2009

John,

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 09:06 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
[ . . . ]
> I don't know what explorer uses. But bzr itself tries
>
> $BZR_EDITOR
> 'editor' in bazaar.conf
> $VISUAL
> $EDITOR
>
> # windows
>   wordpad.exe
>   notepad.exe
> # linux
>   /usr/bin/editor
>   vi
>   pico
>   nano
>   joe

I have a script called doEdit which handles working with Emacs as a
server, starting it as needed.

/usr/bin/editor eventually (via four symbolic links round the
alternatives houses) points at /usr/bin/emacs22-gtk which is definitely
executable.

BZR_EDITOR and VISUAL are empty for me, but EDITOR is doEdit and doEdit
is on the path:

        |> which doEdit
        /home/users/russel/bin/doEdit

The weird thing is that putting doEdit in the editor field gets things
working so Explorer appears to be using the users PATH.

> My best guess is that one of these is actually in your path but without
> permissions. My second guess is that Explorer isn't using the bzr search
> path.

I think we need Ian's input :-)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder