Bazaar Explorer problem

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Fri Oct 23 08:56:37 BST 2009

<< Is there a list for Bazaar Explorer issues or is this the right
place? >>

I have just merged from my mirror of a master repository into my feature
branch.  There is a conflict.  In the past I would just have Emacsed the
file fixed things and "bzr resolve <problem-file>" then committed.  This
time I thought I would use Bazaar Explorer in order to explore (!) its
resolution capabilities.

"bzr explorer ." presents me with a front page with all the correct
information.  There is a conflicts sections an Unversioned section (with
the BASE, OTHER and THIS file as per normal, then the Added, Deleted and
Modified sections etc. exactly as expected.

Many of these items are underlined and clearly links.  However if I
click on any of them I get a dialogue box saying

	bzr: ERROR: [Errno 13] Permission denied

The log simply says:

<time-since start>	None

for each incident.

So the question is how is a user supposed to know what permission where
is incorrect?

Pressing Ignore allows continuance, pressing Close terminates Bazaar
Explorer.  I guess this is what is supposed to happen.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder